24hours but in shifts; Morning, Evening and night duties
The Tuberculosis ward is a separate department responsible for managing and treating patients infected and suffering from T.B. The department is attached to medical ward of the hospital and operates under technical guidance of the in charge of medical ward.
· Ward round- Review of pts by the mco/moRCT - Routine counseling and Testing to R/o HIV infection
· Health Education: On T.B infection and control
· Discharges: Sending home patients after showing improvements.
· Admissions: Keeping the patients on the ward for a minimum of two weeks
· Anti-T.B DOT: We issue facility DOTS.
· Mental health: Giving them psychosocial support while in hospital.
Medical Dr - 01
Clinical Officer- 01
Registered Nurse - 03 Nursing Assistant - 08
Enrolled nursing Assistant - 03 Cleaners -04
· We collect and send sputum for analysis
· We prescribe and do x-rays to make the Diagnosis
· Biopsies also taken sometimes